About Strattice™ TM
Strattice™ Reconstructive Tissue Matrix (TM) is a soft, natural product from LifeCell™ that is designed to reinforce weak or inadequate tissue and to support growth of your own tissue. Derived from porcine dermis, it's a strong, flexible and sterile product.
This Web site is not intended to replace a discussion with your surgeon. It does not describe all the risks and benefits associated with Strattice™ TM. This product should not be used if you are allergic to porcine material or Polysorbate 20. Please consult your surgeon to ensure Strattice™ TM is right for you.
Porcine products have been widely used for the repair and replacement of damaged tissues in a variety of surgical procedures, such as heart valves, for many years in the United States.
LifeCell™ Tissue Matrices have a history of success since 2002 in breast reconstruction for cancer patients post-mastectomy, and have also been used to treat surgical, trauma and burn patients for over ten years.
In the context of complications after breast augmentation, Strattice™ TM has become a popular product used during revision surgeries.
The Strattice™ TM Advantage
Biologic tissue matrices such as Strattice™ TM may be used in revisionary procedures. By reinforcing weakened tissue and supporting tissue regeneration, biologic tissue matrices can help to:
- Reinforce support, helping to hold the breast pocket in the desired location.
- Support and position breasts in desired position.
- Redefine the fold location by supporting the fold repair inferiorly or laterally.
- Correct complications after breast augmentation such as bottoming out, fold malposition, and symmastia.
- Minimize the need for significant muscle manipulation and spare the use of additional muscles.
- Reinforce thin tissue in the presence of ripples and wrinkles.
Improved Revisions with Strattice™ TM
Breast revision surgery can restore your sense of well-being. Strattice™ TM can be used to reinforce weak or inadequate tissue in soft-tissue repair both in the revision surgery context as well as for breast reconstruction cases. Every woman's situation is different, so be sure to ask your surgeon if Strattice™ TM is right for you.